Planet

We manage waste

The entire chicken is used in the processing process, with nothing being wasted. An average of 70 percent of each chicken becomes food, with the remaining 30 percent being used for the production of feed or biooil.

Waste at our plants comprises packaging and other flammable materials. All of our large plants sort their waste and monitor the volumes for each waste fraction.

We have set a target to reduce the amount of waste by 2 percent per year. However, we still have to work with our waste contractors to define base data, fractions and uniform measuring.

Solutions for reduced food waste
In terms of the value chain as a whole, the customer and consumer chain is the most important for reducing the amount of food waste. Our contribution is to provide innovative package solutions, guidance and tips for consumers, and to optimise the product flow to and in food stores.